Monday, January 3, 2011

New York Cheesecake

There are two things I am certain of - Australian Womens Weekly (AWW) Cook Books and New York Cheesecake. So when Mum brought the AWW Cooking School Cookbook in a book sale I was keen to investigate. Like all the modern AWW cookbooks, it comes in a large, hard cover edition with a handy ribbon to mark your favourite recipes. I've also made Sticky Date Pudding recipe from this book and it's delicious. I tend to prefer using brown sugar as opposed to white sugar as it gives a wonderful caramel taste which compliments the dates. But I'm waffling, this entry isn't about Sticky Date Pudding. It's about New York Cheesecake. I decided to make this Cheesecake for the family New Years Day dinner.

Though you can use any sweet biscuit, I used Milk Arrowroot Biscuits. I think this is my favourite part of making the Cheesecake as you feel like a kid in a sandbox again.

After your shell cooks, you can pour in your cream cheese mixture (cream cheese, lemon zest, sugar, eggs, sour cream and lemon juice). This is then baked for one and half hours, before you cool it and pour on a sour cream layer (sour cream, sugar and lemon juice). This topping is then baked for additional 20 minutes, before you leave it to cool in the oven with the door ajar. I recommend leaving the cheesecake overnight as I feel three hours doesn't give it adequate time to set.

New York Cheesecake in its full glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment