Monday, January 31, 2011

Hanabishi


One of my favourite dining precincts is the Barracks as it's central, has ample free two hour parks (four if you are attending the cinemas), the fabulous
Bittersweet Chocolate Boutique and offers a number of lovely dining options. I've had the misfortune of drawing the short straw with sushi in my last couple of workplaces so any opportunity I get to have sushi, I do and lucky for me, Miss Sarah humours me.


We decided to catch a bite at Hanabishi before watching 'Black Swan.' Hanabishi is Japanese for fireworks and despite the line being out the door, I can't say that this sushi bar provided any sparks for me. The sushi rice was warm and I had to order the usually stock standard nigiri. However, it's efficient, the sushi is edible and it's in the right place. I wouldn't make a trip to Hanabishi but if you're at the Barracks and after sushi. It will do.


Rating: 2.5 out of 5.
Address: T13, The Barracks, 61 Petrie Terrace, Paddington, QLD 4000
Open: Daily, 11:00am - 10:00pm
Phone: (07) 3367 3889
Price: From $3.00.


Hanabishi-Petrie Terrace on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment