Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rocky Road

Kath celebrated her fabulous 30th birthday on the weekend so I thought I would make her a gift worthy of her, the perfect Rocky Road. I'm fussy when it comes to Rocky Road, I like dark chocolate, lots of nuts and fluffy marshmallows. I find addition of Turkish Delight can be hit and miss depending on the sweet but then I found this box of Divan Rose and Lemon Turkish Delight at Black Pearl Epicure and they are amazing. Tasty, gorgeous presentation, lovingly crafted and each cube is the perfect size.

As you can see the rose and lemon flavours are separate and though they are the perfect size for the Turkish Delight lover, I decided to chop each cube in half.

Here is the Turkish Delight combined with 100g of pistachios, 100g of almonds and 250g vanilla marshmallows (I used this recipe to make them and think the homemade version give a better finish). I then rolled the mixture in 500g of melted dark chocolate, smooth it before allowing it to set on a tray lined with greased baking paper. I popped it into the fridge for three hours before cutting it into logs.

I wrapped my log of Rocky Road in cellophane and finished it off with some bold silk cord. Have a go yourself.

It's been a while since I posted a photograph of Baci. So here's one of her surveying her backyard domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment