Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kingston Grind

I've always said that I am one strike away from the trifecta of bad driving being Asian and female, so all I need to do is drive a Volvo or apply a frangipani sticker to my vehicle. So it was with much trust and love that Mellie and Aaron put me behind the wheel on their car. Having successfully accomplished our mission we headed to Kingston Grind for a celebratory coffee. The coffee came recommended and it was probably the nicest beverage I had on my holiday. The coffee blend is unique to the cafe and is sweet and silky smooth. It lacks that coffee kick, so those who like something a little stronger may be slightly disappointed, but I was a happy little scamp.

The breakfast menu was a standard affair and I ordered the Eggs Benedict. The muffin base was lightly dusted with polenta, ham grilled lightly to add intensity to the flavour and the yolks of my eggs were runny and a vibrant orange. This offering could be improved with a homemade hollandaise sauce and perhaps a touch of wilted spinach ... but that's just my own personal preference.

To summarise, Kingston Grind: good coffee and a passable breakfast selection. If you're heading there for breakfast I would suggest having a look at the pastry cabinet ... they looked gorgeous.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5.
Address: Cusask Avenue, Kingston, Canberra, ACT 2604.
Open: 7 days a week. 8am - 4:30pm.
Phone: (02) 6295 8189.

Kingston Grind on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment