Monday, July 18, 2011

Thai Wi Rat

Bean and I used to work in the same organisation and after accepting new positions, we realised that we work within walking distance of each other so agreed to meet for lunch in ChinaTown Mall. Tasty, budget friendly food was on the top of our agenda so we decided to settle on Thai Wi Rat. Thai Wi Rat doesn't look impressive from the outside but once you order at the counter, the service is brisk and the tables are clean. I actually find it quite pleasant to dine outside as you can enjoy the mall's water feature.

Bean decided to order a Thai Green Curry with some steamed rice. It was a good portion size and contained a variety of vegetables and slices of chicken. Also most importantly the sauce to rice ratio was right.

I know it isn't traditional but I am rather fond of Chicken Pad Thai and I was extremely happy with my dish. The noodles were wonderfully textured, the chicken was tender, sauce was flavoursome and the bean sprouts were a lovely accent. I polished off the lot and felt over full as ambled back to my desk. But I still hope that I will repeat this journey again in the near future.

Rating: 3 out of 5.
Address: 48 Duncan Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4005.
Open: 10am - 9pm. 7 days a week.
Phone: (07) 3257 0884.
Price: Entree: $5.50 - $8.90. Main: $9.90 - $16.90.


Thai Wi-Rat on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. I heard this was one of the better places to have Thai food in Brisbane, but still need to check it out for myself. It sounds good enough for me to give it a try :) Any other Thai places you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya! I also enjoyed Tosakan at Chermside - http://eatsfoodhatesyou.blogspot.com/2011/05/tosakan-thai-restaurant.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Thai Wi Rat. Cam and I used to have dinner there sometimes before Impro at Tempo Bar (iirc).

    ReplyDelete