- Harriett: Bright eyed, stretched tall, Harriett will always be the first one to greet you. The risk taker.
- Rouge: Closely following behind Harriett in the show pony stakes. Has a strange interest in moles and freckles.
- Souffle: Our token bossy yellow chick. We hope Souffle isn't a rooster.
- Minuetto: Tends to stand in the shadow of her show pony siblings but we're taking time to get to know her.
- Largo: Though she might be the smaller of the Australorp chicks, she is messy! Always the chick to get right into the chickstart and enthusiastically scratch half of it out!
- Gertie: Always found next to Largo. Settles really well.
Since it's still a tad cold for little chicks, they will spend their first few weeks with us indoors. They currently live inside a cut down one tonne fruit box located in the study. Here is all the flock perched curiously.
Though they have been a major source of procrastination, I wouldn't change a thing. Chicks grow so quickly and in another six weeks, they'll be all grown up. :'(