Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cafe Citrus

As an idealistic young soul, I was actively involved in grassroots politics so one evening the group decided to book a table and meet at Cafe Citrus to talk shop. While everyone made a purchase, the group kept to the lighter end of the meals spectrum being poor students. So you can imagine our shock when a waitress trotter over, slammed the bill on the table and declared, "when you book a table here, we expect you to dine." I was furious and from that moment on declared that I would never return to Cafe Citrus.

Several years down the track, I find myself back at Cafe Citrus to catch up with the very elegant Sara and Rob over Sunday Breakfast. Though the establishment has doubled in size, not a lot has changed as it still has the same wicker style chairs, standard menu and sub par service. The staff neglected to provide crucial pieces of cutlery, the drinks order was slow and it took several enquiries to determine that they were unable to provide heating as they had run out of gas.

I decided to select the Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon but as you can see from my photograh that my $18 didn't provide me anything imaginative. Cafe Citrus continues to baffle me as to how it continues to survive with such a poor service and menu offering, perhaps it is all location location. Honestly, you may as well go to the Coffee Club than stop here. Keep walking and don't look back.

Rating: 2 out of 5.
Address: 2/161 Oxford Street, Bulimba, QLD 4171.
Open: 7am - 10pm. 7 days a week.
Phone: (07) 3899 0242.
Price: Breakfast: $6.50 - $18. Lunch: $11 - $28.50. Dinner: $14 - $32.50.


Cafe Citrus on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment