- Every year 500 billion disposable cups are manufactured globally which equates to 75 disposable cups per person on the planet.
- If your cup is made Styrofoam it will still be clogging up landfill in 500 years to come as it is resistant to photolysis (the process of breaking down materials by protons originating from a source of light). Styrofoam is also the main component of marine debris and as a coffee/tea connoisseur you shouldn't be drinking from that cheap and nasty material anyway.
- The usage of paper globally has increased by 400% in the last 40 years. That equates to 4 billion trees culled for paper industries for every continent.
- It takes 98 tonnes of resources to make just 1 tonne of paper, which is mainly made from virgin pulp.
- Half of the plastic used in the world today is for single use items.
So after reviewing these statistics, will you be using a reusable cup? It's worth considering and makes you feel a tiny bit better about your filthy morning drug habit.