Friday, February 17, 2012

I Dream of Biscotti: Update

Since I mentioned Spensley in my previous post, I suppose I ought to update you on how my Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti adventure went. Unfortunately, no detailed blog post will be available at this junction as I lack photographs of the finished product due to a tight time frame and the mortal need to sleep (pathetic, I know).

However I can inform you that this recipe from the Joy of Baking and passed onto me by Yens was met with approval. It retains a wonderful chocolate taste and I replaced the instant coffee with two tablespoons of finely grated orange zest. Despite how disgusting biscotti dough is, I would recommend that you make the time to halve the dough and place it on two lined baking sheets as this recipe expands quite a bit. So if you like your Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti with a light crisp finish, this recipe is for you. But since I prefer mine slightly harder and chewier, the quest for perfection continues!

1 comment:

  1. im sure everyone loved it miss Jo! and if it wasnt good you could probably have blamed me hehehe

    ReplyDelete