Friday, February 17, 2012

Anouk

The first time I attempted to visit Anouk it was closed for the Christmas/New Year period, the second time I made the attempt, Mister Spensley slept through his alarm and upon reaching consciousness apologised profusely. But by this time I had boarded a bus and was heading into work, so we made plans to visit this Brisbane breakfast institution the next day. Third time lucky as the boy wonder managed to awaken from his slumber and find some suitable attire.

The first thing you notice when you enter Anouk is the ample space, light sand blasted bare brick walls and maple tones. This makes Anouk a pleasant place to fully wake up in, coupled with the wait staff's understanding that the first coffee of the day is imperative. Though our coffee was delivered promptly, it took a little while longer to place a food order but this could not be helped with only one staff member to man the coffee machine and another to take orders and deliver food. Spensley decided to order the breakfast hash with a side of poached eggs (pictured above) and when it arrived I must admit I had a bit of food envy. The potatoes and spinach looked amazing but like Spensley, I wasn't certain if it was able to shine without the viscous yolk to help it along.

I decided to order the omelette and it was beautifully fluffy in texture, well presented, generous and filled with crumbly prosciutto and accented by cherry tomatoes. I really enjoyed the additional options of herb butter and lemon, but thought the tomatoes could have been halved to make it more user friendly and allow for a more even roasting to promote the fruit's natural sweetness. But these comments are just a minor technicality as I really enjoyed my breakfast and Anouk experience over all. The menu changes seasonally so I strong suspicion that I will be back.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Address: 212 Given Terrace, Paddington, QLD 4064.
Open: 7 Days a Week. Breakfast and Lunch.
Phone: (07) 3367 8663.
Price: Breakfast: $3.50 - $16.80.


Anouk on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment