Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bunker

I've been hearing for months, whispers about a leafy coffee/chocolate mecca, located in Milton inside a World War Two air raid shelter. Normally I would act without a second thought but unfortunately Bunker is only open Monday to Friday, 6:30am - 3.30pm or Saturday, at the Kevin Grove Markets (5:30am - 1pm), times that sadly do not suit my hectic schedule. So now that I'm on holidays I grabbed my cousin, Yens and we headed off a pilgrimage to sample this much cavorted elixir.

We were lucky to find a street park as when we arrived the place was a hive of activity. But it didn't take long to place the order for a tea and a hot chocolate. Though the flavour of the day was chai, the staff very kindly offered to make me the dark jaffa hot chocolate which I had heard so much about.

When the drinks arrived I wasn't disappointed. Beautifully presented, velvety smooth liquid with accents of the finest orange chocolate. It was a world shifting foodgasm moment and I highly recommend you take the journey to Bunker for their fabulous elixirs as you really don't have anything to lose.

Rating: 4 out 5.
Address: 21 Railway Terrace, Milton QLD 4064.
Open: Monday - Friday. 6:30am to 3.30pm.

Phone: 0422 124 767

Bunker on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

  1. I've been to Bunker maybe two or three times and it's making me wish I lived in Milton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They served pretty decent coffee too! I can't believe it that we went there on the same day. :) I'm the girl with the torn and short jeans. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a small world and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance! I hope to meet you at a Brisbane Food Bloggers Picnic in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to tell me more about the Brisbane Food Bloggers! :)

      Delete
    2. The Food Bloggers Picnic will be held at New Farm Park on February 25. Check out the Gastronauts Twitter or blog for more information (I think I might have linked it on my side bar but I'm a tad vauge as I'm spent my day writing contracts).

      Delete
  4. Hi! and thanks for the very kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. It has definitely been good hot chocolate weather lately, unusually so for this time of the year...

    There's just one thing I need to correct, which is the fact that we don't actually do breakfast. The menu you reference sounds like it might be from Cup Coffee in West End?

    Thanks and hopefully see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! Thank you for the correction. I've now updated the blog post to keep things current. :)

      Delete