Friday, March 18, 2011

Pancho's Pizza

My not so little brother recently turned 24 and when he asked to go to Pancho's Pizza for dinner to celebrate, I was delighted. I spent a lot of time in Bulimba during my university years, but thanks to work and living a million miles from anywhere means I rarely travel to Bulimba to enjoy its culinary delights. Which is a shame as I honestly believe one of the best ways to spend a Friday night is to collect some take away from Pancho's, a bottle of wine and spend it with good company.

I will admit upfront the dining area inside Pancho's is not pretty, it's dark and the decor is dated but the food makes up for it. We ordered two pizzas (including the Supreme Pizza, pictured above), the Ribs and Cheese filled Garlic Bread. The Cheese filled Garlic Bread is a Pancho's Pizza must have, it's full of gooey cheese and if you're going to have a heart attack, you must as well do it properly.



I was a little dubious when one of the family suggested ordering the ribs but my goodness, they were a pleasant surprise! The meat melted in your mouth and the thick sweet sauce was moreish. I really need to get over to Bulimba more often ...


Rating: 3.5 out of 5.
Address: 102 Oxford Street, Bulimba, QLD 4171.

Open: Monday - Tuesday 5pm - 9pm; Wednesday - Saturday 5pm - 10pm; Sunday 4pm - 9pm
Phone: (07) 3399 9149

Price: Pizza - $11.50 - $19.50

Pancho's on Urbanspoon

2 comments: