Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bill's: Darlinghurst

Ryan and I woke up early, determined to make the most of my time in Sydney before embarking on the next leg of my journey. After some deliberation we decided to head to Bill's at Darlinghurst for breakfast. Bill's is named and owned by chef, Bill Granger and its decor reflects his easy going approach to food. The Darlinghurst establishment is well lit with lovely honey wood and windows overlooking the gorgeous leafy streets. It isn't uncommon on the weekend for a queue of locals and tourists to line up for a table at this popular cafe.

I was sorely tempted by the idea of the 'Ricotta hotcakes, fresh banana and honeycomb butter' but I decided to selected the 'Sweet corn fritters, roast tomato, spinach and bacon.' The corn fritters were light as was held together minimal batter and had lovely savoury accents from small pieces of capsicum. While it wasn't health food it was a delicious start to the day.

Overall I really enjoyed my trip to Bill's but my only disappointment was the burnt coffee. The barista obviously tried as my mocha had a lovely melted chocolate base and a gorgeous leaf formation on the top, but burnt coffee is easily avoid by selecting the correct temperature setting. Burnt coffee is a sin ... but I'm a forgiving foodie. Bill's is still definitely worth a visit.

Rating: 3 out of 5.
Address: 433 Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW 2010.
Open: Monday - Saturday: 7:30am - 3:00pm. Sunday: 8:30am - 3:00pm.
Phone: (02) 9360 9631.
Price: Breakfast: $5.50 - $18.50.


Bills on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I've had the pancakes (this was pre lenten diet), they were good, but hey, they are pancakes...

    ReplyDelete