Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wagamama: Chermside

I've spend the last few days refining the jump position, swimming laps and doing hours of cardio, so I decided to ask my brother if he would like to have lunch at Wagamama. Wagamama first opened in London in 1992 and now has taken their Asian inspired menu to more than than 90 restaurants across the world. Though I'm more of a soba noodle fan (I just adore the chewy texture), I felt the ramen offering was more appealing so I decided to order the Chicken Ramen (pictured above) which consisted of ramen noodles served in a chicken broth, grilled chicken breast, seasonal greens and garnished with menma and spring onions. It was light, flavoursome and perfectly filling.

My brother decided to order the Wagamama Ramen: ramen noodles in a vegetable soup, topped with seasonal greens, wakame, slice chicken, grilled white fish, prawns, fried tofu, marinated and grilled mushrooms and kamaboko-aka. This assortment was then garnished with menma and spring onions. It looked fantastic but I didn't want to undo all my exercise ... well that is until tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday ... but back to the story. Wagamama Chermside features 150 seats (indoor and alfresco) and is kid friendly. In fact kids under 12 years old eat free. I wonder if I could pass as a 12 year old .... hmmm.

Rating: 3 out of 5.
Address: Shop 339, Westfield Chermside, Cnr Gympie and Hamilton Road, Brisbane, QLD 4032
Open: 7 days a week. 11:30pm - 9pm.
Phone: (07) 3350 3034
Price: Entrees from $3.20. Mains: $10.10 - $21.00.


Wagamama on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment