Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Photo courtesy of Irum at the Stock.xchng.

Wishing all my fabulous 'Eats Food, Hates You' Readers a very happy Chinese New Year. May the Metal Rabbit Year bring you happiness, good health and success in all your do.

My morning has begun in typical fashion with my Mother blasting celebratory Cantonese Opera at the ungodly hour of 5am and deep frying sweet dumplings containing fillings such as lotus seeds and red bean paste. Superstition decrees that you should avoid washing your hair today to ensure your luck stays with you all year and I have managed to survive my half day observance of Vegetarianism. It's a struggle ever year and I happily resume the consumption of souls at 12 noon!

The Tiger brought a year of social and political upheaval and the Rabbit appears to be travelling in a similar vein. However the home loving nature of the rabbit this year will force leaders to have a greater domestic focus. This is already ringing true in Queensland and my thoughts are with those affected by Tropical Cyclone Yasi. Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment