Friday, June 17, 2011

Qwerk Espresso

Sometimes in our haste we miss the best things in life, so this morning I made a snap decision to stop and check out Qwerk Espresso. Qwerk Espresso is a brand new cafe in Wilston and is open for coffee, breakfast and lunch, seven days a week between 7am and 2pm. The cafe has a lovely eclectic collection of furniture and when you venture inside, it's welcoming with its honey wood panel floor. Though my intention was to stop for a Hot Chocolate, my eyes soon spotted a couple of small stands bearing exquisite morels and I knew I just had to have one.

I decided to settle for a gorgeous Pear Tart and it came served with creamy tangy lemon yoghurt on an Eco Vision plate (these plates are made from the leaf sheaths of the Areca Palm and therefore completely biodegradable) . This yoghurt is made on site and just like the Pear and Hazelnut Tart is exquisite. The pastry was crisp and light, the pear moist and singing with caramel notes that can only come from love and care. The team obviously loves their new cafe and I think you ought to also stop and check it out.

Edit:

Since I wrote this review, my little brother and I have been back for breakfast and here are some photographs of the breakfast we enjoyed. Gorgeous ripe avocadoes on toast with a dask of balsamic and spicy home made baked beans with sausage for a savoury kick.



Rating: 3 out of 5.
Address: 45 Kedron Brook Road, Cnr of York Street, Wilson, QLD 4051.
Open: 7 Days a week. 7am - 2pm.
Phone: N/A.
Price: Coffee from $3.50.


Qwerk Espresso on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment