Monday, June 27, 2011

The Chelsea

The very hip Eliza of Gastronomy Gal calls them PIE: Partner In Eating. Though I don't have a regular companion PIE, I do have a range of wonderful PIEs to call upon and this particular morning I had arranged to meet the fabulous Kate and Mister Spensley at the Chelsea. The Chelsea is located in the Barracks complex and every time I step inside it reminds me of New York. This bistro offers moderately priced meals, seven days a week in a central location (parking is free for the first two hours and the complex is connected to Roma Street Train Station). The coffee pictured above is a skinny mocha. My coffee was a good size, the milk was glossy and coffee was sweet, smooth and without any bite.

Though there were a number of imaginative dishes on the breakfast menu such as Kedgeree - Smoked king fish, poached eggs, curried basmati rice, tomato, coriander and yoghurt. I decided to selected one of the specials which was an omelette with smokey chorizo, roast capsicum and onion. Though I enjoyed this dish immensely as the fluffy texture was contrasted by the wonderfully bold flavours, I am still pining for one of my old favourites - Poached pear on homemade gingerbread with honeyed ricotta and pistachio. I'm still holding hope that it will return to the menu, but I'm sure I will continue to visit this lovely venue.

Rating: 3 out of 5.
Address: 61 Petrie Terrace, Paddington QLD 4064.
Open: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, 7 days a week.
Phone: (07) 3367 1288.
Price: Breakfast: $5.50 - $17.50. Lunch: $9.50 - $23.50. Dinner: $23.50 - $38.50. Dessert: $12 - $14.50.

The Chelsea Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment