Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Classic Lasagna


Let's face, we live in an instant coffee, microwave society. We are all pushing to make deadlines and want everything like yesterday. However this does NOT excuse you from whinging, "I have no time to cook." If I had a dollar every time someone told me this, I would be a million zillion billionaire. I want you to make you to make time and there is no easier way to do than freezer food. Make a couple of different things on the weekend and you'll lunch for weeks. All you have to do is take it out and reheat it in the microwave. So easy.

One of the most freezer friendly recipes I have is for the classic lasagna. My recipe comes from the a 'Cook's Book of Pasta: Carbonara Marinara Napolitana.' This lasagna comprises of layers of Bechamel Sauce and mince. The mince is enriched with sauteed onion and garlic, tinned tomatoes, red wine, basil and oregano. It's really simple recipe and makes approximately eight serves. Cook, cool, freeze and make all your co-workers jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment