Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lemon Polenta Biscuits

Last year was Cancer Council Queensland's 50th Anniversary so I decided to get involved with the Relay for Life. Relay for Life is an 18 hour long event that allows teams of up 10 people to raise valuable funds for their local Cancer Council. These funds will go towards research and resources to help those patients and their families fight their very personal cancer battles. One of my team's most successful fundraising strategies was to hold a bake sale. I ended up presenting a Red Velvet Cake and these very simple by tasty Lemon Polenta Biscuits from Taste.com.au.

To begin preheat your oven to 200°C and line and grease two baking sheets. Then place 200g of soften unsalted butter, 150g caster sugar and the finely grated zest of two lemons in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.

Then add two egg yolks, one at time to the mixture. Beat well with each addition.

Then sift two cups of plain flour and one cup of polenta and beat until combined. Gently shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes or until firm. When the dough is chill, roll it out on a floured surface until it is 5mm thick and cut out circles using a 6cm pastry cutter. Then take a palette knife and gently lift them onto the baking trays. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden and cool.

Here are the finished product, all labelled up with my very simple branding. Please excuse the dates on the label as it clearly highlights how tardy I became in the later part of 2011. But I'll honestly try to be better with my updating as I only made one sweeping New Year's Resolution: to have my cake and eat it too!

1 comment:

  1. Those biscuits were beyond delicious... wish I had one (or two) now.

    ReplyDelete